Over the years we have strategically  partnered with several community organisations that are in a similar line of service and product provision as ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC.

These partnerships have been well thought out and each of our partners reflect our common goal of bringing the best possible products and services within reach while maintaining affordability.
Our partners believe in our vision of offering quality healthcare and support services at the lowest prices possible and hence offer discounts on their own services as well.







































Alzheimer Society of Canada

Information, options, current treatments and forums where those who wish to share their experiences can do so online. This is a very valuable website to bookmark if you or someone you care about is suffering from dementia.

Canadian Cancer Society

If you or someone you care about is touched by cancer this website is a good place to start your search for knowledge and support. Learn about the disease and support services; search the publications, read about prevention, find out about volunteering and donating.

Canadian Diabetes Association

National website for the Diabetes Association. Contains valuable information about the disease, research, volunteering and fundraising activities.

Canadian Fitness and Lifestyle Research Institute: Fitness Tips for Seniors

Canadian Lung Association

Learn about the many kinds of diseases that can effect your lungs as well as how to prevent them.

Caregiving Matters

“Caregiving Matters” is an internet-based community that offers support and education to people who are coping with the declining health or death of a parent. Visitors to the website share: their experiences; support each other; and even volunteer online through a network that connects them to countless others. We are a Canadian registered charity.

Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada

Do you know the signs of a stroke? Do you know how to control your blood pressure? Select your province and learn how to improve your heart health and so much more…..

Parkinson Society of Canada

National website for the Parkinson Society. Information, Support and Education.

The Canadian Hearing Society

Find out about programs, products and services for the hearing impaired across Canada.

The Canadian National Institute for the Blind

“Every 12 minutes, someone in Canada begins to lose their eyesight. But did you know that 75 per cent of vision loss can be prevented?” Learn ways to prevent or treat vision loss. As well, find information on support and services for living with vision loss and current ressearch being done. There is also an online store and catalogue with products to assist people living with vision loss.

The Kidney Foundation of Canada

Information on Kidney Disease, research, organ donation and volunteer oppportunities.

Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA)

Provides information for Canadian Seniors on income programs, income tax and financial credits.

CCAC – Community Care Access Centre

“Your Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) connects you with the care you need, at home and in your community: We can help you stay in your own home longer by providing Care in Your Home and by coordinating Care in Your Community, including specialized support services We can provide you with information about Long-Term Care Options if it becomes too difficult for you to live independently at home In total, there are 14 CCACs in communities across Ontario that are funded by Local Health Integration Networks through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. This means that, through your tax dollars, CCAC advice and services are covered by OHIP.

Division on Aging and Seniors

Provides information on issues related to seniors and aging in Canada.

Government of Canada Seniors Programs & Services

National seniors website detailing publications and services for seniors across Canada

Federal/Provincial/Municipal Seniors’ Portal

Health Canada

Canada’s national website on Health Prevention and Promotion. This website contains information on health-related legislation and activities our Government is undertaking as well as reports and publications.

Public Health Agency of Canada

Canada’s guide to healthy living featuring information on Active Living, Health Promotion, Healthy Eating, Injury Prevention and a host of other topics impacting Canadians of all ages and stages.

Veterans Affairs Canada

Whether you are a Veteran, still-serving member of the Canadian Armed Forces or the RCMP, or a family member, we have services and benefits just for you.



















Home care

Home and community services support people of all ages who require care in their home, at school or in the community.
Seniors, and people with complex medical conditions, can often stay in their own homes if they have some support.
If you qualify, the Ontario government pays for a wide range of services in your home and community.
If you don’t qualify for funding, you can get help from private companies for a fee.

How to arrange home care and community services

Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) arrange all government-funded services for seniors living at home. CCACs are responsible for deciding who receives care, the level of care you need and for how long. CCACs do not arrange care through a private company.
To start this process:

1. Call your Community Care Access Centre

You will be introduced to a case manager or care coordinator.
To contact your local CCAC:

2. Check if you qualify for government-funded services

Your case manager will determine if you qualify.
If you don’t qualify, you can arrange and pay for services through a private company. Your CCAC can help you find private services in your community.

3. Tell the case manager about your needs

Your case manager will tell you what services your CCAC can provide and what’s available in your community. Government-funded services are delivered by health professionals and personal support workers who are under contract with your CCAC.

4. Arrange a home visit

Your case manager will need to visit your home to assess your health.
If you qualify, your case manager will create a customized home care plan that meets your specific needs. If your needs change, your case manager can reassess your health and adjust your plan of care.

5. Apply for care

If you qualify for government-funded care, your CCAC will coordinate your application and select the provider for you.
To arrange private care, you must apply directly to the service provider.

If you don’t qualify

If you don’t qualify for government-funded services, you can appeal the CCACdecision through the Ontario Health Services Appeal and Review Board (HSARB). You can also contact the Board if a service you previously received has stopped or been reduced.
Contact HSARB:

416-327-8512 (Toronto area)

1-866-282-2179 (toll-free)

Types of services in your home

In home services are made up of:

1. Health care professionals

You can arrange to have health professionals visit you in your home. They can assess your needs, provide care or help you to care for yourself by providing:

  • nursing care – including help to take medications, change bandages and clean wounds, recover from an injury or health problem, check your health, create a care plan
  • physiotherapy – including help for back pain, mobility problems, blood circulation, pain relief and relaxation
  • occupational therapy – including help to make day-to-day activities easier and make it easier to move around in your home
  • speech-language therapy – including stroke recovery for seniors who have difficulty speaking or understanding speech
  • social work – including help for caregivers to cope and manage stress, help for families to address conflicts
  • healthy eating – including help to assess eating habits and create a healthy eating plan
  • home healthcare supplies – including dressings, walking aids, braces, cushions

2. Personal care

You can arrange for licensed care professionals to help you with your daily care or help you safely manage these activities yourself. They can help you with:

  • washing and bathing
  • mouth care
  • hair care
  • preventative skin care
  • routine hand or foot care
  • getting in and out of chairs, vehicles or beds
  • dressing and undressing
  • eating
  • toileting
  • taking you to appointments

3. Homemaking

To help maintain a safe and comfortable home, homemaking services can assist you with routine household activities including:

  • housecleaning
  • doing laundry
  • shopping
  • banking
  • paying bills
  • planning menus
  • preparing menus
  • caring for children

4. End-of-life care at home

If you or a loved one requires end-of-life care at home, there are many programs in Ontario that can help you. You can request:

  • nursing and personal care
  • medical supplies, including low-cost medication for seniors through theOntario Drug Benefit Plan
  • tests
  • hospital and sickroom equipment
  • transportation to other health services
  • help to manage pain
  • home hospice services – including in-home visits and respite care by trained volunteers

Types of services in your community

Many communities have services just for seniors. You may have to pay a fee for some of these programs or you may find there is funding available. Some of these services are offered only in larger communities. You can find:

  • adult day programs – including social, fitness and other healthy activities
  • transportation services – for people who don’t have public transportation or need help to use it
  • community hospice services – including counselling, support groups, yoga and art classes, grief support
  • residential hospices – where end-of-life care is provided in a home-like environment for those who can no longer stay in their own homes. People in residential hospices receive a wide range of palliative services to keep them comfortable.

Exercise and falls prevention classes

These classes help seniors stay active, healthy and independent. They focus on improving strength and balance to prevent injury and falls. They are led by fitness instructors, trained peer facilitators or support workers – not a registered physiotherapist
You may find classes offered in your community or long-term care homes.
To find a class near you call the Seniors’ INFOline:

  • 1-888-910-1999
  • 1-800-387-5559 (TTY)

How to make a complaint

To report harm, neglect or other complaints about home care in Ontario, call the Long-term Care ACTION Line:
Toll-free: 1-866-434-0144
Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., 7 days a week

Retirement homes

Retirement homes are privately owned. They rent private accommodation to seniors who can live with little or no outside help. Retirement homes do not provide 24-hour nursing care.
You can expect to live much more independently here than you would in a long-term care home or supportive housing.

The law

The Retirement Homes Act protects seniors living in Ontario retirement homes.
The Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (RHRA) regulates all retirement homes in Ontario. The RHRA enforce care and safety standards and support the rights of residents through:

  • licensing
  • conducting inspections
  • investigating complaints

Source law

Provincial standards for long-term care homes are set out in:


To live in a retirement home, you must be able to pay for your own care and living costs.
You do not need to provide proof that you are healthy and need little support and care. The retirement home may assess your needs to make sure that it can provide you with the right level support.

Services and facilities

Each retirement home is different, but most offer:

  • your own room or apartment
  • full wheelchair access
  • housekeeping, meals, laundry (for a fee)
  • social and recreational programs
  • shared dining rooms and common areas/lounges
  • gift shop, beauty salon, chapel
  • swimming pool, library, gardens

Many homes offer flexibility, for example:

  • you can choose to opt in or out of meal plans and/or other services
  • you can leave for extended periods of time (e.g. vacation) and keep your residence, as long as you pay for rent and service fees


The government does not fund retirement homes. You need to cover the full cost of your own housing and care.
Cost of private room = $1500 to $6000 per month.
You can often choose to opt in or out of meal plans and/or other services.

How to arrange care

1. Find homes in the area you wish to live

To help you find a list of homes, contact:

Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (RHRA)

  • search licensed homes by name, city or postal code
  • call 1-855-ASK-RHRA (1-855-275-7472)

Community Care Access Centre (CCAC)

To contact your local CCAC:

2. Research and compare homes

Narrow down your list of homes by doing more research.
You should call the home or visit its website to find out:

  • does the home offer the type and level of service that you want?
  • when you can move in? Is there a wait list? How long?
  • can you talk to people who live there now? What do others say about this home?
  • what services are included with your accommodation? What will cost you extra? How much?

3. Visit the homes

You should visit more than one home before making your choice. This way you can check out the facilities and see how staff interact with other residents.
To set up an appointment, call the home directly.
Download: checklist to help you ask the right questions (PDF)

4. Apply

To apply, send in your application directly to the retirement home. Ask the home(s) for an application form.
There may be wait list, so it’s a good idea to apply to more than one home.

How to make a complaint

Call the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (RHRA)

To report harm, neglect or other complaints at a retirement home in Ontario, call theRHRA hotline:
Toll free: 1-855-ASK-RHRA (1-855-275-7472)
Hours of operation: Monday to Sunday, 8:oo am – 8:00 pm

Fill-out a report form

To make a written complaint:

  1. download and complete the Incident Report Form (PDF)
  2. send this form by:
  • fax to 1-855-631-0170
  • email to [email protected]
  • mail toRetirement Homes Regulatory Authority5th Floor
    Attention: Complaints Intake
    160 Eglinton Ave E
    Toronto ON  M4P 3B5

Respite care

To support you, we offer services that allow you to take a break from the demands of caring for your loved one. These services are called respite care services and there are two ways that they can be provided:

  • in-home
  • short-stay respite in long-term care homes

In-home respite care

You can request this service for short breaks of a day or less. A licensed personal care worker will come to your home to care for your loved one while you are away.


If the person you care for qualifies for services coordinated by the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), in-home respite is paid by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
If you are not eligible, you can arrange these services from various providers for a fee.

Short-stay respite care

With this service, the person you care for can stay for a short time in a long-term care home.
This service can provide temporary relief from care-giving duties. For example:

  • you need to be away for more than a day (e.g., a vacation)
  • you are in a hospital and you need a temporary service to care for your loved one
  • your loved one requires 24-hour nursing care and/or assistance with activities of daily living on a short term basis

You can request up to 60 days at a time to a maximum of 90 days each year.


All personal and nursing care provided in long-term care homes is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
You only pay for accommodation costs such as room and board.
Accommodation costs = $36.34 per day.

How to arrange respite care

Call your local Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) to:

  • arrange respite care
  • check eligibility
  • help you apply
  • get information about other support services

New Long-Term Care Home Quality Inspection Program

The Long-Term Care Home Quality Inspection Program (LQIP) safeguards residents’ well-being by continuously investigating complaints, concerns and critical incidents, and by ensuring that all Homes are inspected at least once per year.
The purpose of LQIP is to:

  • protect over 76,000 residents in Ontario’s 629 LTC Homes
  • safeguard resident rights, safety, security and quality of life
  • ensure LTC Homes comply with legislation and regulations.

This is achieved by performing unannounced inspections and enforcement measures as required, and ensuring that actions taken by the government are transparent. The MOHLTC conducts complaint, critical incident, follow up, comprehensive and other types of inspections.  Copies of the public version of inspection reports detailing all findings of non-compliance must be publicly posted in LTC Homes and provided to Residents’ and Family Councils. They are also published on the Ministry’s website. To obtain a Home’s inspection report, you can ask the Home directly or find reports on this website.
Key features of LQIP include:

  • Structured interviews with residents, family members and staff, direct observations of how care is being delivered as well as specifically targeted record reviews
  • The use of independently validated methods to conduct inspections that are consistent and reliably trigger the need to complete Inspection Protocols:
  • Adapted to meet specific requirements of the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 (LTCHA) and the characteristics of Long-Term Care Home  residents, and
  • Tested prior to implementation
  • Use of certified inspectors in a team to support consistency
  • Inspection Protocols requiring inspectors to determine whether the standards of care set out in the LTCHA are being met
  •  Transparency
  • Resident questionnaires and Inspection Protocols are available to Homes so they know what is expected of them and can incorporate this into their own educational and quality improvement programs
  • Use of specially developed technology and professional training to support inspectors
  • Follow-up where non-compliance is identified.

Resident Quality Inspections (RQI)

The Ontario government recognizes the important role of long-term care homes in providing quality care to vulnerable residents.
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is working with long-term care home operators, residents and their advocates, as well as Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) to ensure continued safety and quality of care for residents.
Inspections include confidential interviews with residents, family members and staff, as well as direct observations of how care is being delivered. All inspections have been scheduled and will be completed by the end of January 2015.
Completed reports are posted publicly after personal information and personal health information are removed, which means there will be a difference in the number of inspections listed as completed below, and the number of final reports appearing online.
Resident Quality Inspections: Status Update as of January 30, 2015
The number below shows progress for these inspections

629 out of 629 Long-term Care Homes (100%)

Please note:  Reports can be found on

Home, Community and Residential Care Services

Long-Term Care Home Service Accountability Agreement (L-SAA)

The following documents are a part of the L-SAA agreement between a Local Health Integration Network and a Healthcare Service Provider (HSP) who operates a Long-Term Care Home.